Being in the airport could only mean one thing:
I'm on my own.
Gosh, I hate that feeling.
Everytime when I'm on my own, my level of awareness and adrenline increased a hell lot.
Can't afford to lose anything cos I'm on my own.
Can't afford to miss anything cos I'm on my own.
It felt pretty weird leaving now.
Because summer had been so long and I felt so used to living together with my family.
And that makes leaving hard.
Before this when there's a 2-week long spring break, etc...
it was easier, cos the "I'm-on-my-own" instinct was still alive in my body.
But now, I'm so used to seeing my parents everyday
and eating my mom's great food.
That I can't imagine living in Deerfield Academy again.
I CAN'T IMAGINE:- eating pasta all day- eating mashed potatoes instead of rice- eating salad everyday- waking myself up to go to school- making sure that i eat enough without my mom complaining how skinny i am.- wearing 3 layers of clothing before I walk out of my room to prevent freezing- my hair turning to ice after a shower and walking outside- AND FINALLY, BEING SURROUNDED BY ANG MOHS!I'm love Thailand and Singapore cos I feel a great sense of belonging.
Majority = dark hair and asian
No one really stares at me weirdly.
But in America, when people look at me, they'll be thinking:
"Oh look! Another Asian! I wonder how good his math is..."
I don't know whether to look forward to school...
I miss going to school and stuffs...
But this year, the classes that I'm taking are UBER CHALLENGING!
Here in Deerfield, we more or less choose our classes.
Some people may be in the same grade level but they take different classes or different difficulty.
Some slackers choose easy classes to enjoy life.
But I choose crazy classes.
Last year, I took AP Biology and I almost died in the beginning of the year.
I remember staying up at night everyday for 2 extra hours to read the 1300-page-thick biology textbook for the first 2 weeks at Deerfield.
This year,
I know almost absolutely nothing about U.S. History
But yet, I signed up to go to
HONORS U.S. HISTORY course!
I must be out of my mind!
NOT YET!
I am also taking
AP CHEMISTRYNOT YET!
I spent the last few months
SELF STUDYING math so that this year, i can skip a math level and hopefully, go to:
B.C. CALCULUS for math.
I'm going to die.
Yup,
this is maybe worse than O'level in terms of stress.
Thank god I have a great next-door neighbor this year!
He's the top in school!
Asian, obviously!
From Hong Kong!
Last year, he took AP Chemistry and B.C. Calculus too!
And he got 99 and 97 respectively if I'm not wrong!
I'm gonna go to his room every night for tutoring!
HAHA!
In return, I'll probably supply him some of my precious noodles!
Oh oh oh!
And I'm bringing food to Deerfield!
This year:
- 132 servings of miso soups- 70 packets of thai instant noodlesOh wow,
long post!
I still have 1 more hour here!
And I'm in the airport lounge!
YAY!
Gotta enjoy the frills!
Will update pics next post =D