It's friday night and I finally have some motivation to blog. My last post's prediction came true on Wednesday. Throughout the night, there was really heavy snowfall and when I woke up in the morning, I was transported to:
1 Candy Cane Street,
Santa Claus state, North pole
(or wherever Santa Claus lives)
I woke up and looked through my window. Those are shrubs - but they turned into cotton candy.
MY FAVORITE PICTURE TAKEN BY ME!!
Every morning, i walked to the dining hall (for breakfast) along albany road. The road was already cleared by those snow-clearing-trucks but snow fell so heavily that it accumulated quickly.
Snow fell so heavily that tree branches fell! This is not the only one. Now you guys have an idea how heavy snowfall was. There was no rough wind when snow fell so this is a consequence of pure snow. Back home in Singapore, I learnt how temperate coniferous trees have adaptations. But even needle-like leaves couldn't prevent this catastrophe. This fallen branch was the size of two cars back to back.
Here's the scary thing: At 7.50am that day, I was walking on this route and I walked back at 10am to find this. If I walked here at the wrong time, I might have been crushed.


Getting my snow boots ready. The snow is extremely thick by the way. I'm not exaggerating when I say this but the snow reach my knee! Here's proof.
It's my bad. I took this photo at a bad angle. I shouldn't have taken it directly straight down. Just trust me, it's really thick and below the sole of my foot, there's still some more compressed snow.
I love snow!! On that afternoon when I walked to the Koch center (the nearest building) from my dorm, I was panting when I reached that place. Each step is like a high jump practice.
Any Singaporeans would think that March is a time when the Sun is scorching. It's the second last day of February today and there's still so much snow outside.
So I have exams next week. It's just 3 exams (Astronomy, Biology and History). People here have no idea how tough life is in Asia. They complain about having to prepare for just 3 exams. My biology covers chapters from 1 to 33 (600 pages worth!!). Well, it's Advance placement biology so I can't complain... Nothing much to blog other than the weather.
Meteorologist Wit signing off...