<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8586345853664210765?origin\x3dhttp://pannawit.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
HEY! You've reached the blog of Pannawit C. (AKA. Wit/Witty)
1st Sept' 93
MSN: pannawit@hotmail.com
TKSS(2007-2009) class 3A'09/
Deerfield Academy (2009-2012)

I LOOVVEE the weather! Click for Deerfield, Massachusetts Forecast

LINKs...
3A'09
AIJING!
ALSTON!
BENJAMIN CHENG!
BENJAMIN TAN!
ESTHER!
ETHEL!
GERMAINE!
JUSTIN!
IAN!
JEANETTE!
MARCUS SEAH!
NADIRA!
NICHOLAS!
PHILIP!
SHUTONG!

Band
2010 BAND BATCH BLOG!
ANANTA!
BAND!
BERNICE!
BOBBI!
ISABEL!
JINGXI!
JUNJIE!
KORJIAN!
WENHUI!
YINGZHENG!

Twin Sister
AMY...

layoutcodez.net


CreDits-
[MonkeyMe]
blogskins.com
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
I have about 100 thai instant noodles in my room. I have bowls for them too! So occasionally, people would come to my room to try some noodles. But 90% of the time, all they want is to borrow a bowl. My dorm-mates have their own food in their room (oatmeal, popcorn, etc) so all they want is a bowl to put their stuffs. The common etiquette is that they should at the very least, wash my bowl when they are done... Usually, it's ok, but sometimes, some people just don't get it..

I actually pasted this sign on the wall which states the rules about borrowing my bowls.
(I really want to post a picture here but I can't find my card reader - must have left it in Thailand, if so, I'm sorry that this blog will be picture-less for 2 months)
Anyway, this is what I wrote:

To borrow a bowl:

Rule #1 - wash the bowl with DISHWASHING LIQUID and SPONGE
Rule #2 - Return within 1 hour
Rule #3 - Do not forget Rule #1 and Rule #2

3 simple rules. I actually have dishwashing liquid and sponge right beside my array of bowls so there's no reason for anyone to NOT wash my bowl!

So there's this guy who came into my room last week. I mean, I like people coming in to chill in my room. Then, this guy asked for noodles. He actually ask, "Can you make me some?" In my head, I was like, "Do I look like your mom? Getting free food is good enough dude! You want me to make it for you?!"
I didn't say that aloud - I was in a good mood so I just made him some.
Soon, he finished it, and guess what? He just left the dirty bowl on my table and went away!! I literally went WTH! And before he left...

He: Oh and do you have anything I can drink?
Me: I have water..
He: That's tap water
Me: Umm.. I always drink tap water.. It's the same thing
He: Oh, do you have soda or something?
Me: Nope.

An analogy would be a beggar coming in to a restaurant, orders his food and leaves without paying or even a thank you.

Today, he came back (by this time, the 3 rules was already present). So this time, he cooked the noodles himself and he was telling me how great my rules was. He told me that he won't forget (sincerely). He took my bowl and went to eat somewhere else and then came back with the bowl and said, "Here, I washed it!" I was kind of glad that he did it.

BUT BUT BUT

when he left the room, I checked on the bowl. It was disastrous!! There were still powder and pieces of leftovers in the bowl!!

During dinner, I met him and asked him (in a casual manner - I'm not someone who gets angry easily).

Me: Hey again!
Him: Sup!
Me: Um.. I was just wondering if you washed my bowl just now?
Him: Yeah, I did
Me: Did you use dishwashing liquid?
Him: (shook his head = no)
Me: So you just washed it with water?
Him: (nods head)
Me: Ok, cos it was still kind of dirty... anyway, just wash it properly next time alright? =)
Him: (didn't reply - must be wondering what's wrong with washing dishes with just water)

In any case, he's still my good friend. The thing is that people who lives here has never done chores before. I'm sure he doesn't have any bad intentions but he just don't know the proper way to wash dishes. Back home, people are usually exposed to the hardship of life - even if no one has any taught them the proper way, they have the common sense..

I've read many people's blogs and I gotta say that my least favorite ones are those that are full of hatred and complaints. Some people just blog about their feelings and frustration. I'm not like that... Just simply jotting down some notes of daily life. =)

Life goes on.

awaiting my next day of adventure...