2 days ago, everyone was saying that it was the warmest December in history of Deerfield. Indeed, it was - on Thursday, the temperature was as warm as about 6am in Singapore. BUT BUT BUT BUT
As I'm typing right now (2 days after the warmest time in history of Deerfield), it's snowing outside!! I woke up pretty late this morning because of some astronomy last night. So, I woke up at 11am and at 11.40am, my buddy, Christian, came to my room and we went to brunch together. Then, when I stepped outside of my dormitory,...
I went crazy...
You see, I forgot to draw my curtains this morning when I woke up so I didn't know it snowed. It hasn't snowed for 2 months and I was ecstatic!
So anyway, there's gonna be a semi-formal dance tonight. I didn't plan on going because I hate this kind of events. Basically, you are suppose to ask another person out to go on a dance - kind of like a date. In Asia, we don't usually do this - only desperate people seem to do this.
But after lunch today when I was walking out of the dining hall, a group of 5 girls came to me...
There was this girl who said "***** wants to go to the semis with you but she's afraid to ask." Then, what followed was extortion - that girl took out her mobile phone and start dialing:
Me: What are you doing?
Her (I don't like mentioning names): I'm calling her!
Me: What!?
Her: You are going to ask her to the semi!
Me: What! But I...
Her: I don't care... here! (passed me the phone)
Ya, so I was forced to ask this girl to the semis. When I was on the phone, the girls were whispering "my lines" for me. It was so _______ (fill in the blank - something along the line of embarrassing). Besides, I couldn't say no.
My friends said that I was lucky but this sucks so much - I don't like the idea of asking someone - it makes me feel pathetic. In America, it's perfectly normal though. There are many guys who ask girls to go to semis with them and were rejected so I should at least think positively...
Oh well...
More snow:

Baseball field outside my dorm

The view behind my dorm (looks like christmas!)

Snow-covered cars