At 6.30pm today when the sky was clear and dark (sunsets at 4.30pm), Astronomy students met outside the classroom.My teacher set up 2 telescopes for the 5 of us who were present (class has 10 people but only 5 came for this extra-activity).
We positioned the telescope to Jupiter and I saw Jupiter!!
All along I have only seen planets on paper - but today I saw it with a telescope!
It's small when I look through the telescope but the details are all there.
The red atmosphere with an orange and white tint were all visible!
We need to keep changing the direction of the telescope though because for those who still doesn't know, the sky moves...
So anyway, tomorrow is my first ever examination in America! I'll have English exam tomorrow!!
Looking forward to Thanksgiving holiday - I need holiday badly, the last proper holiday that I have was December 2006!! That's because last year break, I was busy writing essays and preparing my application and on December 2007, I was also busy with my application. Lots of work was invested in my application you know.. And all those mid-year holidays aren't breaks cos there's just so much work and band practice.
I just want a week off where I can just totally relax without worries. Countdown to "Utopia": 65 hours. Oh! And my family is coming over this Thanksgiving... haven't seen them for almost 3 months.