
'
Left: I just went to greenfield to buy some snacks. It cost me $50 - expensive but I need snacks badly.
Right: (note the date: we write month/day/year)My first 'A' for Biology AP!!! YEAH!!! There are some questions that I don't even know like--
"What are the sources of the electrons for Photosystem I and II"
and
"What electron carrier is used to move electrons from the photosystems to the Calvin Cycle? In which Photosystem is the carrier reduced?"
I just reason with myself during the test and 'guess' logically. By the way, it's structured question... I wasn't even sure what I was writing about but I got 4.5/5 for the first question and 5/5 for the second question.
I lost 1.5 marks because I wrote NAD+ and NADH instead of NADP+ and NADPH... and I didn't state in one of the questions that cyanide inactivates ATP synthase.
I PROBABLY score the highest though. FIRST TIME!!! YAY!!!
And grading system here is different:
A = 90-100
B = 80-90
C = 70-80
D = 60-70
F = <60
Oh and by the way, I just dropped from Honors Precalculus to Honors Algebra II... It's a voluntary change of class though. I thought that honors precalculus was too tough for me cos there are some things which I have never learnt before. But Honors Algebra II is RIDICULOUS! I can still remember this equation vividly:
Find P:
A = P + rtP
At first when the teacher wrote this equation on the board and asked the class, I thought that it was a redundant question so like others, I just kept quiet. But then, some students said things like, "divide both sides by P?" and "divide both sides by rt?"
AND THEN, I WENT OMG - YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!(I didn't say that out loud obviously) Can you imagine how I feel at that moment?!
So I just raised up my hand and said, "Factor P and then divide both sides by (1 + rt)"
A = P(1 + rt)
P = A/(1+rt)
and then, the teacher was like, "Excellent!" and I suddenly became a class genius... LOL?!?!?!
This is totally ridiculous! It's like learning ABC again. In TK, sec ones can easily do this. But there's another class called Precalculus (without honors) but my teacher doesn't want me to go there cos he said that it's not challenging enough. He said that Algebra II honors will be more challenging for me... =_=(it's challenging?!) He wanted me to go to the honors stream too. Look at it in the Singapore way: Honors stream = Express stream; Normal stream = Normal Academic
In fact, I think I can handle Precalculus honors, it's just that I'm having a hard time through transition cos I don't know some of the methods that they use here - that's all. Maybe I should switch back?? I don't know. And my first precal honors test wasn't that bad - I scored 70 plus..
Oh well, if I'm in Algebra II, then I'll have a very very very good academic record. =) But I feel kind of guilty, while my peers in Singapore are learning radians, 3D trigonometry... I'm "learning" simple equations...
Hiazz...
Anyway, let's take a look at my list of translation
America VS Singapore
What's up buddy = Hi/Hello
Restroom = Toilet
Sweat shirt = Jacket
Seriously, I once asked someone:
Me: Nice jacket
Some guy: What jacket?
Me: I mean sweat shirt
Some guy: Oh, thanks.
and
Me: Where's the toilet?
Some person: What?
Me: Where's the restroom?
Some person: Oh, take a left around the corner and walk straight to...
One last note: This morning at 7.30am, I went to check the temperature of Deerfield at this blog.. I found that it was -1 degree celsius. It must have been about -5 degree celsius at night. When I went out to have breakfast, I can see my own breath THROUGH MY NOSE!! BUT BELIEVE IT OR NOT, THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE WEARING SHORTS AND MINI-SKIRTS!!