Picture taken right outside of dormitory.
Hidden behind the trees is my dormitory
My dorm looks cozy yea? Until today, I haven't fully explore the whole school. Basically, it's 280 acres...
The weather here is so unpredictable. In the morning, it's around 7 degrees celsius and in the afternoon, it's around 27 degrees celsius. In the morning when I walked to the dining hall, I can see my own breath. Last night, I went sky-gazing for my astronomy class and I was shivering the whole time. I love astronomy class!! Yesterday, we learnt how to identify Polaris (North Star) and my teacher pointed out Andromeda galaxy which is the faintest object in the sky. It's so cool that we can see it with the naked eye!!
So I'm about 90% adapted now. It's becoming a routine. I always believe in the 5 minute rule so every morning at 6.55am, I wake up shivering. I get a shower and the shivering continues. I use the computer for 10 minutes, get dressed up, check whether I might forget anything and leave for breakfast at 7.45am. Lessons starts from 8.30am until 3.15pm. (But I have a free period at the last period so I always end by 2.30pm. Then I go back to my dorm and use the computer for a while, and at 3.20pm, I head to the athletic center to dress up for soccer. Head to the ENORMOUS field (there's about 6 large soccer fields i think - remember, it's just soccer fields, there's plenty of other fields here). Then at 5.30pm, head back to my room and dress up for sit-down dinner (there's sit-down dinners 3 times a week). After dinner, head back to my dorm, shower and study until 11pm plus. Finally, sleep :D
The cycle continues everyday..
Talking about the field in Deerfield, there's about 6 soccer fields and each is bigger than the one in TK alone. lol.. So just use your imagination. There's plenty of other facilities like the 29 tennis courts, a few softball fields, some American football fields, several basketball courts, etc... Life here is good. It's not Utopia but it's good.
I don't know whether I'm allowed to take pictures in the planetarium. I'll see if I can take some pics there tomorrow.