<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8586345853664210765?origin\x3dhttp://pannawit.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
HEY! You've reached the blog of Pannawit C. (AKA. Wit/Witty)
1st Sept' 93
MSN: pannawit@hotmail.com
TKSS(2007-2009) class 3A'09/
Deerfield Academy (2009-2012)

I LOOVVEE the weather! Click for Deerfield, Massachusetts Forecast

LINKs...
3A'09
AIJING!
ALSTON!
BENJAMIN CHENG!
BENJAMIN TAN!
ESTHER!
ETHEL!
GERMAINE!
JUSTIN!
IAN!
JEANETTE!
MARCUS SEAH!
NADIRA!
NICHOLAS!
PHILIP!
SHUTONG!

Band
2010 BAND BATCH BLOG!
ANANTA!
BAND!
BERNICE!
BOBBI!
ISABEL!
JINGXI!
JUNJIE!
KORJIAN!
WENHUI!
YINGZHENG!

Twin Sister
AMY...

layoutcodez.net


CreDits-
[MonkeyMe]
blogskins.com
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Ok, so 1 minute before Astronomy class started, I sneaked out my camera and took this photo. It's the planetarium but because I took this photo in such a rush, it's not so nice and besides, I sitting in the middle of the planetarium. The planetarium is like a mini-auditorium with a domed-shape ceiling which is a very high-resolution screen. In this picture, the light is still on but when the lights are off and when the teacher pressed some buttons, you'll see magic. It'll appear as if there's no ceiling.

America and Asia is just so different!

Non-academic
  1. People and cars keep to the right
  2. People give their last name instead of first
  3. Everyone watches baseball, ice hockey and American football (I don't even know the rules)
Academic

  1. American English vs. British English
  2. Very different steps when solving math problems
  3. The more you talk in class, the better
  4. Date format - M/D/Y
About the 3rd point for Academics, I can't stop saying that Americans are SUPERB when it comes to talking. I thought that I was a pretty good presenter in Singapore but it's a totally different story here. I can still remember people in Singapore reading off their scripts directly when presenting, thinking about that makes me LOL..

Turning knowledge into words is a skill. Apparently, people here have already mastered this skill.

During English and History classes when we sit around a large table (approx: 11 people), there's a lot of things that I wanted to say but I just can't talk. In Deerfield, you are not just graded 100% on your tests and exams, about a quarter of your grades is from class participation. So during these 2 classes, there were times when I raised up my hand to participate in the discussion and I'm so NOT eloquent compared to my peers. I usually paused halfway through my 'speech', using time to convert knowledge into words. Normally, I paused for 2 seconds but even 2 seconds is considered to be a lot of time. My peers, on the other hand, talk NON-STOP until someone else raise up his/her hand to comment or rebut.

I better get going, got lots of homework...

PS: Although school here in USA is generally better than what I have been through before, I will always be Tanjong Katong Secondary School's ambassador. And I'm proud of it :) Of course, I'm Deerfield Academy's ambassador too!

awaiting my next day of adventure...