OMG!!! THE PLANETARIUM IN DEERFIELD IS AWESOME!!Today's astronomy class rocks!! We reported to the planetarium for the very first time. It was dome-shaped. Mr. Howell wanted to 'welcome' us to astronomy so he started the program and for the entire half hour, my mouth remained opened and my eyes were wide opened like an innocent baby. I was stunned by the incredible animation!! The whole dome-shaped planetarium is like a high resolution screen. It made me feel like I was in a spaceship (no exaggeration). Seriously, I just went to outer space and took a field trip out of the milky way to clusters of galaxies. I really can't explain this in words. Please don't get too jealous...
Today, I got back my biology AP test (which I took on wednesday) and I got 9/10!!! YEA!!!! AP = university standard for your info so I really can't believe that I scored!! But today, we got another test and I don't think I did well. It's so tough - we have to draw structures of those weird hydrocarbons. But I am really grateful to Ms. Tan Seow Lan in TK... because half of the test was on hydrocarbons and the other half was on polysaccharides, monosaccharides, etc... So although I screwed up hydrocarbons, at least I won't do so badly. Thank you Ms. Tan!!
Then for Honors Precalculus, I was yet again, having a difficult time. EVERYONE in class (except me) knows how to solve problems using imaginary numbers. Good thing Mr. Freda did a 3-minute revision so while everyone was revising, I was taking that opportunity to learn a totally new concept..
And I'm struggling in English classes too! Come on man - my peers are all American!! We were suppose to read aloud to the whole class (12 people) on the essay that we did for homework. I felt really awkward when I read cause I sound differently from everyone else. Usually when I talk to people here, I allow my brain some time to 'fake' the accent but this time when I read my script, I didn't have that time to think.. So my reading sounded quite Singaporean and I bet the whole class must be like, "Where did this kid come from?" Apart from the reading, my peers are excellent writers. They really know how to make their essays sound interesting. In Singapore, all we do is stick to the task and format... But here, we let our imagination goes wild when writing.
So I have 5 subjects and the ONLY, the one and ONLY subject that I'm not struggling is Asian Civilization. We are learning about India and doing a bit on the Indus Valley so I have some background knowledge. Thank god.
I gotta go for soccer right now - btw, I got soccer practices everyday except sunday. Good thing that I was in Band in TK so I'm well prepared for these hectic days. And by the way, about my soccer posting, it didn't go so well... I was 'demoted' to some lower team - not the best, but not the worst either. Hiazz...
And one more thing, Americans are so good at singing and dancing. They sing and dance so naturally. The A Cappella groups rocks.